Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Lazy Saint

Oh my - I am back.  Noticed the last posting - March 2012.  That's almost a year.  So I decided to name the next few posts The Lazy Saint.  Lacking the energy or inspiration to write much of anyting this last year I just lay dormant.  What caused this change of gears I do not know but there it was - like a rusted old truck - parked in my driveway - blocking exit that would take this vehicle of writing on excursions and adventures.  I watched many episodes of A Baby Story...walked some - learned to bowl and am no closer to the desired end than I was 10 months ago.  That's sad.

I am certain there are others who find themselves in like circumstances...lots of creative juices bubbling up below the surface - producing lots of steam but no sustance and ending up feeling  defeated. 
My Bibles have a coat of dust on them.
My heart gets heavy without knowing why.
My memory seems to fail me - words drift off into Never Never Land...although I gather comfort from a friend who laughs with me at the sagging effort of aging abilities - things I never used to even consider as part and parcel of the navagation - everything was in its place and work - clicked along in a predictable rhythm.  When the rythm of a piece of music is changed the whole flavor - expression - even the apparant meaning shifts.  So - here I've say set in idle and the music and notes and the way they take flight - or fall to the ground has left a very different composition for me to hear and move in. 
My body looks more like an eggplant that a gently shaped tree...and it doesn't wave and sway - sort of awkwardly strides down the street - in the super market.

I wast to write and wax poetic - let the best of what I am and what's inside out.  It is stuck in a gray space right in the middle of my belly...Does any of this sound familiar or am I nuts?

I've learned - been driven and dragged - in a good way

No comments:

Post a Comment