Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Empty Made Full

Last night - awake and tearful
Weeping the empty eye
once full -
Weeping the lost smile
the no longer apparent smile
of fruitful promises
of journey's vast expanse.
Gray exchanged for sun filled
expressions of yellows

Oh God - mind the wound
pull Your tent of protection
healing grace over the empty place.
Protect the well from unwanted entries.
Throw in the purifying bough making sweet
bitter empty nothingness that may be
some day - some time gracefilled refreshment.

Meanwhile - I keep my eyes on You
sun and beauty of spring time - earth's rebirth
mystery and truth of darkness made light.


It has been a few days. My intentions not realized but since I said I'd be attentive to the blog every day for 30 I need to show up. This is sort of like announcing to all of your friends that you are going on a diet or giving up chocolate [that will never happen] - once spoken you are committed and you don't want to look stupid so you move forward and grab ahold of the balance bar - steady yourself and end up with something of pride and accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment